LinkedIn recommends that you avoid using buzzwords when marketing yourself. Their advice: “Demonstrate your skills and experience by providing examples of your talent rather than using buzzwords.” Drawing on the English-language profiles of LinkedIn users around the world, the company put together a list of the most frequently used buzzwords. And here they are:
There were some differences in buzzword usage by country:
- “Sustainable” was in the top ten only the Netherlands
- “Enthusiastic’ was in the top ten only in Great Britain
- “Passionate” was in the top ten only in Australia & New Zealand
- “Patient” was in the top ten only in the USA*
* Interesting to note that Americans pride themselves on their patience!